Last night I decided to make some Rocky Road!!!
Now if you want to make some yourself. Here is the recipe, along with photos I took while I was making mine! ^_^
Total cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Makes: 2 slices
150 g unsalted butter
1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
250 g coloured marshmallows
100 g coloured glace cherries, halved (optional)
200 g dark chocolate, chopped
15 g white vegetable shortening
1. Preheat oven to moderately slow 160C
2. Brush two 26 x 8 x 4.5 bar tins with melted butter or oil
3. Line with baking paper
4. Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy in large bowl
5. Using metal spoon, fold in combined sifted flour and cocoa; mix well.
6. Divide mixture evenly between both tins
7. Press mixture into tin using both fingertips
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly coloured. Stand in tins to cool
9. Top base with marshmallows and whatever else you want to put in your rocky road!
10. Place chocolate and shortening in medium heatproof bowl
11. Stand over pan of simmering water and stir until chocolate and shortening have melted and mixture is smooth
12. Spoon chocolate mixture evenly over both slices.
13. Tap tins gently on bench to distribute chocolate evenly.
14. Finally, cut lice into squares or fingers!!
And wa-lahh!!! You have your Rocky Road!!! >_<