Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Made me smile

Hey everyone!


So I used my new Almay eyeshadow I bought the other day and it is amazing! :) Perfect colours, very pigmented and all together a really nice eyeshadow for everyday wear. You can also apply more of the darker grey colour for a smoky look for the evening!

The Maybelline Superstay concealer is pretty good too! It covers well but the only bad thing about it is, it drys super fast. So when applying the concealer, quickly dot it on the places needed and pat it into the skin fast.

The Rimmel eyeliner has been my favourite liquid eyeliner for awhile now. :) Its very black, easy to apply and stays on all day!

The Australis lipstick was a really nice, nude lipstick. Its also very moisturizing and glides on smoothly. The colour for me is a little bit too brown/nudey for me but with a nice light pink gloss over the top, it can look really nice!!

________________________________________________


I hope every has had a great week!

It's been so cold here in Australia. I'm always in my hoodie with the heater on.

I haven't been doing much. Just working though I did attend another MMA fighting event on Saturday which was amazing!!!! 3 of the guys from the same gym fought on the night. One won, one drew and one lost. :) One of everything! Hahah.
Overall, it was a fun night and I can't wait for another one!





The other day, I was working and I had this grumpy girl come in who I served at the registers. I told her she could get a free product because at the time, Maybelline was doing a 3 for 2 deal (she already had 2 products.) So I told her she could go and get a free product equal or less value to those. Anyways, she ended up not getting her free product because the 'free' product she brought up to the registers was more value to the products she had, making her pay an extra $5 and getting one of her products she already had for free instead. (If you get what I mean..)
Anyways, she just got all angry and said "Oh, well I don't want it then!" I was just like okay, calm down, you don't have to be so angry. I was just trying to help you receive a free product. (In my head)

But blah blah, and yeh I was a little bit annoyed because she was so angry. ANYWAYS, after awhile later, an another girl walked up to me and asked for some help. She was the nicest, sweetest girl. She had a speech problem where she couldn't speak at times and it would take her a few seconds for her to say what she wanted to say.
She wanted some eyeshadows because her school formal was coming up. So I helped her find the one she wanted. She was just smiling, trying really hard to speak about what colours to had used at her last formal etc. She just made me smile and I realized how selfish we (me and you) can be. People like her have it much harder, sometimes we forget how lucky we really are!

So she taught me something and I smiled.

2 comments:

  1. Aw. I think that was a very lovely story you shared and what a heart warming experience! I think we all have those moments where we forget how lucky we are to be where here! Omg I can never stand those type of fights, each punch just makes me cringe!!! hahaha I used to ask my bf, why they sometimes just hold each other =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely story! Check out mu blog http://strawberriessparkles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete